Thursday, June 2, 2011

On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?

My Corolla is at 90k miles now, and I'm planning to change the oil, I just don't know when to. I have Chevron Delo 400 LE heavy duty motor oil SAE 15W-40, the previous owner said he changed the oil 3000 miles ago, is it time to change it again? Or do I change it in another 2000 miles?On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?I would change it now, only because that weight ,15w-40 is way to heavy for that vehicle. Normally that is used by diesels, buses, big rigs, etc. Not only is that 15w-40 the wrong oil, but it is making your engine work harder which is causing your gas consumption to go up!



You would need to check your manual, but it should be 5w-30 that you need to use, and you should always use the recommended weight for the vehicle, regardless of weather, temperature, driving habits, etc. I would recommend Mobil 1 oil. It is a synthetic so it costs more but I would say it is worth it in the long run. If you want a conventional oil, I'd go with Castrol GTX. After you have it changed now, you should be able to go 5,000 between oil changes but since it is a new car to you I'd keep an eye on the oil level to make sure it isn't burning oil faster than normal. It also doesn't hurt to carry an extra quart of oil in the trunk so if you find yourself reading low on the dipstick you can add more oil and not get caught running with a low level, which can eventually cause damage to the engine.



If I were you, I would have the engine checked for leaks. One reason why the previous owner could have been using such a heavy weight oil could be to help control the leakage, since a thicker oil won't leak out as fast. Just an idea...On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?3,500 milesOn average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?every 3000 miles at the most 7500 miles.On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?on average, the engine oil should be changed about every 3000 miles.On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?You HAVE to change it every 3000 miles otherwise your engine can blow a rod!! Happened to me!! And when that happens its almost cheap to just buy a new car!!! Thats what I had to do!! :( Go get an oil change asap!!On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?well the oil companies would like you to change it every 3,000 miles; but really, you can change it between 7-10,000 miles; of course, you should check it approximately once a month or depending on how much you drive. If you commute and are constantly in stop and go traffic, then you probably need to change it a little more often.On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?%26gt;%26gt; heavy duty motor oil SAE 15W-40



Holy COW. No.



Stick to 5w30.

====

And go with 3K miles (sever - like mostly street driving,short trips, etc.) or 5K miles (mostly hwy long drives, etc.)





Good Luck...On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?Change it in another 2k,,,,,,,,,,,,, It won't hurt to go an extra few miles .....................! Or since oil is a lot cheaper then a new engine................ change it now if it makes you feel more at ease......................!



I would learn how to change it yourself....................! You can do it in about10 min,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Once you know how......... Not that hard........................! Good Luck..................!On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?I have a 2004 Toyota Matrix, the place where I change my oil advises every 3000 miles, the Toyota handbook advises every 5000. I'd go with what Toyota says- 5000. Also the state of California recently released a report saying that the need to change your oil every 3000 miles is a myth:



http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg



so I'd go with 5,000On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?Every 6000 miles or as per the owner's manual. Castrol do an oil specifically for engines with in excess of 75,000 miles on the clock (GTX High Mileage) .On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?well first of all i would get that diesel motor oil drained out of there. delo 15w-40 is for diesels andid probably replace it with 10w or 5w- 30 oil.On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?Most any name brand oil, or auto part store oil will do just fine. keeping the weight within the owners manual recommandations. Upon what climate you live in makes a differance in the weight, example extreme cold climates call for a light weight grade of oil, extreme hot climates call for a heavier grade of oil. A multi-grade such as your be using should be just fine. Unless your vehicle is a bit hard to start, then 10w-40 may help that.

Try not to exceed 3,000 miles, even if the owners manual says you can. Ageing oil can form slug in the engine. Some auto makers whom suggested oil changing well beyond 3,000 miles are sorry they did,...oppps!... example is the Cadillac northstar engine.On average (in mileage), how often do I have to change the engine oil in my 2000 Toyota Corolla?every 3000 miles, is recomended but you can go a little over but you should NOT be putting 15w-40 oil into a corolla. it should be 5w30 or 5w20. i would recomend mobil clean 5000 for a conventional or mobil 1 for a synthetic, they both clean your engine and after 2 oil changes it should look almost new coming out .
  • return a year
  • find a cheap rental car
  •