Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I turn off my "Change Engine Oil" light on my 2000 Silverado.?

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500, 6 cylinder, and every three thousand miles this giant light comes on telling me to change the oil. I change the oil and it always stays on. Does anyone know how to get rid of it.How do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?Dear God!! Why do you people feel so compelled to %26quot;answer%26quot; when you do not know the correct answer? Joystoy is the only one even in the neighborhood of being correct. Pull fuses? Go get a diag? Go to the dealer? Wow. Those of you who do not know need to stay away from here. The correct procedure is just like Joy said, Turn the key to run without cranking, then press the gas pedal all they way to the floor 3 times in 6 seconds. Then turn off the key and wait 30 seconds before starting the vehicle, If you don't wait, the light won't reset. This is Yahoo Answers, not Yahoo Guesses.How do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?after changing oil disconnect the Neg lead from the car battery for 5 to 10 minutes...this resets the computerHow do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?Cheap and easy?



Disconnect the negative battery cable for a couple minutes.How do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?Change the oil. Nah, had to say it lol. Take your truck to the Chevy dealership. Have them run a diagnostic check on it. They should be able to let you know what the problem is.How do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?you change the oil...der der derHow do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?In the owners manual there is a spelled out procedure on how to reset the light. You must do this everytime the light goes on and it is preset.How do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?look in the fuse block.there might be a button there says oil change button.just hold it in till it goes off.How do I turn off my %26quot;Change Engine Oil%26quot; light on my 2000 Silverado.?Turn switch to crank vehicle but dont turn it over.Floor gas pedal three times in less than five seconds.then crank it up.Should put your light out.It did in a Monte Carlo I used to own.