Monday, November 22, 2010

My car a corolla 2009, used about 2000 miles a year? How often should I change engine oil?

If I change every 6000 miles , then I would have to wait 3 years. If I change every 6 months, then the mileage is only 1,000 miles. It looks like wasting oil and wasting money, doesn't it? What is the compromised solution? ThanksMy car a corolla 2009, used about 2000 miles a year? How often should I change engine oil?An 09 most likely still has warranty so I would recommend following the manufacturers info. as not to void this warranty.My car a corolla 2009, used about 2000 miles a year? How often should I change engine oil?6000 miles is ok for the first one always change it every 3000 miles, if you dont drive that much as you mentioned change the oil every 3 months as oil can pick up sediments after settling at the bottom of a pan to longMy car a corolla 2009, used about 2000 miles a year? How often should I change engine oil?Change it twice annually - my biggest concern would be moisture and condensation in the crank case.My car a corolla 2009, used about 2000 miles a year? How often should I change engine oil?That oil is almost like it is sitting in the bottle. Heat and condensation break oil down, plus carbon may collect. It takes a bit of use to create need to change the oil. If I used a car that seldom, I'd change the oil each 3 years. I'd run the engine weekly for a few miles to burn off condensation and stop sludge from forming. What a waste. The tires will dry rot with plenty of tread on them.My car a corolla 2009, used about 2000 miles a year? How often should I change engine oil?I would have it changed once a year. Save your time %26amp; money. 3000 miles is for under extreme conditions as the manual says, and 6000 miles for normal condition.



Oil does not go bad in time (like food spoiling) it goes bad when being used. For an 09 model, I dont think sediments will be an issue, thats why its equiped with an oil filter.