Thursday, September 22, 2011

How long does it take for description to change on search engine?

I changed the meta description on my site almost 3 days ago, but Yahoo and Google still show the old information.



Is it pulling this from somewhere else,or do I just need to wait a bit longer?



Can I submit some kind of form to have this changed?How long does it take for description to change on search engine?Well, it has only been 3 days but I'm not an expert on any of this stuff but maybe this link will help you out.



http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/361How long does it take for description to change on search engine?Nope, you have to wait for the bots to crawl your sight again. I don't know a ton about it, actually you seem to know more than I do, but my understanding is that most search results are cached, so you will have to wait for them to crawl your sight again. I've included a link to a google page, the very last paragraph mentions this, but gives no time frame.



http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en%26amp;answer=35264