Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change the internet engine my MSN messenger uses?

I use MSN messenger (Windows Live Messenger) and sometimes I will have an email. When I am linked directly to my hotmail account, it always ALWAYS always opens up with Internet Explorer... and I hate Internet Explorer. How can I change this setting (from Internet Explorer to Firefox)? I've looked in Preferences and Options, but I haven't found anything. Help!How do I change the internet engine my MSN messenger uses?I agree and I sympathize...Are you kidding ? Remember, in MSN there is... Microsoft...



Ok, I found the solution in the above link (in French..). You need 2 plugins, Messenger Plus and Stuffplug.



Messenger Plus:

http://www.zdnet.fr/telecharger/windows/



Install it (BE SURE NOT to accept the sponsors in the second screen : %26quot;I refuse to give my support%26quot;).



Install the plugin %26quot;Stuffplug%26quot;.

http://www.generation-nt.com/telecharger



Now go to the Stuffplug options, you can choose %26quot;open all links in the default navigator%26quot;. If you selected Firefox as the default, it will do what you want.



:-)