Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I upgraded my tool bar. Now I keep getting an annoying message: found software trying to change search engine?

It is part of Yahoo search protecton It says Yahoo has diabled aprogram that attempted to change your default search engine. How can I keep this from popping up continually.I upgraded my tool bar. Now I keep getting an annoying message: found software trying to change search engine?It's easy to fix. Uninstall your Y! toolbar and then re-install. The important part is to uncheck the box during the install that says make Yahoo! my default search engine and protect any changes (I'm para-phrasing). Yahoo always uses their search engine when you search from the Y! toolbar and you can set up your default IE search engine (under IE 7 or IE 8) by using the options in the search box to the right of the address bar. That way you won't be hounded (which is a good thing) by Yahoo whenever you change your search engine. :-)I upgraded my tool bar. Now I keep getting an annoying message: found software trying to change search engine?Delete that 'upgraded' toolbar - it's what is causing the problems.