Thursday, September 22, 2011

I owned a toyota solara 2005 and i need to change the Engine Oil need help here!?

i owned a toyota solara 2005 and i need to change the oil!! need help here



im thinking that im gonna buy Engine Oil, thinking buy Castrol or mobil 1



and bring to the store and let them change it for me. is that normal , i mean can i do that? buy my own oil and give them to change the oil for me ? how much does it usually, if i have my owned oil ? my car is V6 3.3L



and im thinking what kind of oil is better :



Castrol GTX High Mileage, SAE 5W-30



API*, SL 5W-30 - Castrol GTX High Mileage - Superior oil burn-off protection... 17% better than leading conventional oils.* *NOACK volatility test of leading 10W- 30s GTX High Mileage is specially engineered with unique additives conventional oils don`t have, to meet the changing needs of high mileage vehicles.





--------------------------or----------?br>




Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30



Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 fully synthetic motor oil is designed for today's longer service intervals. It provides guaranteed performance and protection for 15,000 miles or one year. Mobil 1 Extended Performance products with the Advanced SuperSyn System contain extra performance additives to help deliver outstanding engine protection.





the price is different too!!I owned a toyota solara 2005 and i need to change the Engine Oil need help here!?Let's slow down here. Remove foot from gas pedal and coast to a safe speed.



The M1 oils you show are all full synthetic. The Castrol oils are a mix of full synth, synth blend, and conventional. Decide whether you want a full synth oil or not and go from there.



The M1 EP and the regular M1 are basically the same oil but the EP version has additives to allow for a longer drain interval. The M1 AFE is a different oil, a little thinner than the 5W-30, and designed for better fuel economy. Decide which is more important to you and go from there.



Where is your oil filter?



If it were me, I'd stick with the regular M1 5W-30. Get a good oil filter and take it to wherever you are going to have this done. Ask first if they will use your stuff and what they would charge. I've done that and the shop usually charges me around $15 for labor.I owned a toyota solara 2005 and i need to change the Engine Oil need help here!?Yes. You can do that but they generally charge the same (20 bucks) and won't warranty the work; usually they will replace the filter (including the part) without charging you but you have to check.



For a v6 camry (solara) you want nothing less than 5-30 full synthetic oil. NOT HIGH MILEAGE, not a blend. Brand doesn't really matter, I've used just about everything. The best you can buy in a store is probably royal purple (walmart) but the best cheaper alternative is Pennzoil Platinum, it's as good as mobil 1. Bottom of the barrel is Quaker State Q...absolute garbage.



By brand I'd go Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Syntec.

By cost Platinum would be the best bang for the buck, of course my engine oil is 5.75 liters. Ouch every time.
  • why does my computer eyes hade crash
  • asks for advice
  •