Thursday, September 22, 2011

I have a Honda Civic coupe (1.6 L). It consumes a lot of gas, so I'd like to change the engine to a biofuel.

Actually, im interested in changing the engine to either using GAS (LPG) or a BIOFUEL (ethanol). Is there are really significant cost reducations with Ethanol? How much does the engine conversion to Ethanol or LPG cost? What are the expected cost savings? Does the MPG rating change for both fuels? If so, what are they? What is the MPG for a 1.6 L civic running GPL or ethanol?? Is there a website that can give ANY information on this??I have a Honda Civic coupe (1.6 L). It consumes a lot of gas, so I'd like to change the engine to a biofuel.If you plan on trying E-85 your fuel mileage will drop further. Unless your car was designed for either fuel your computer system can't change the spark advance to take advantage of the more powerful fuel. Hoses are made of special material so that the ethanol in the gas won't damage the lines.I have a Honda Civic coupe (1.6 L). It consumes a lot of gas, so I'd like to change the engine to a biofuel.A Honda Civic that consumes a lot of gas? I had a Civic fifteen years ago, automatic, that got 40 mpg. Are you being easy on the gas pedal? Are the spark plugs needing replacement? They're real easy to reach...Regards, Mike