Thursday, September 22, 2011

How Hard is it To Change a Engine in a 94' Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo ?

I like my Honda Passport. I want to get a gently used engine and swap em out. I have changed a 350 in a 76 Chevy PU. My Passport is 4WD. I hear that will make it hard to do. What about the torque converter. Do I need a new one with a seal to keep it form leaking? Is the engine and the transmission set up the same or similar to the old 350? There are hoist hooks on the block to lift it out with. Just wondering if it is possible to do without pulling the engine and transmission.How Hard is it To Change a Engine in a 94' Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo ?You may be able to pull the engine only if there is room to work around the transfer case and bell housing in order to free up the engine. If the torque converter is no leaking there should be no worries.