Monday, September 19, 2011

I was wondering if you can put a 3.8L Series II Supercharged engine in a 1999 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ?

It came stock with a 3.8L Series II V6 but I've heard rumors that you can change the engine, I know that this model car is a family sedan, but like any car you can change that. If it's possible could anyone tell me how to go about this.I was wondering if you can put a 3.8L Series II Supercharged engine in a 1999 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ?Your best bet would be to look for a wrecked car that came stock with the supercharged 3800 Series II and swap the engine and trans-axle. It will most certainly break your 4T65-E trans-axle because those cars have the heavy duty version of the same trans to handle the additional torque. It would be so much easier doing it that way.I was wondering if you can put a 3.8L Series II Supercharged engine in a 1999 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ?According to this site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_en

the parts you need to change (not including the supercharger) are:

throttle body, fuel injectors, cylinder heads, and lower intake manifold

Scroll down to %26quot;L67 Supercharged%26quot;

I'm quite sure the heads would lower the compression on the original engine, so you would only need to swap the above parts.I was wondering if you can put a 3.8L Series II Supercharged engine in a 1999 Chevrolet Lumina LTZ?Yes, you can. You will want to swap the engine and transaxle for reliability. You will need to tune the computer. You can use HP Tuners for this.